Hong Kong Overseas Unit of the League of Women Voters
Procedures for Incoming Officers
Update May 2011
The Hong Kong Overseas Unit of the League of Women Voters term of office shall be from June 1 through May 31. At the Annual General Meeting the incoming officers shall be installed and presented with folders containing information regarding their appointed office and League stationary. A copy of the League of Women Voters Bylaws shall be included and reviewed by the incoming officers.
Procedures for incoming officers:
1. The Hong Kong League maintains a saving and checking account at HSBC Bank, account number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Outgoing and incoming Presidents and Treasurers shall visit the HSBC Bank at Pacific Place to update the authorizing signature card. The bank requires letters of resignation from the outgoing President and Treasurer, HK ID copies of the incoming President and Treasurer and a copy of the AGM Minutes on League stationary. CURRENTLY, as of March 2012, past President, BETH HALL IS HOLDER OF THE BANK ACCOUNT.
2. The HK League maintains 8370 PO Box at the Central Post Office. The keys shall be presented to the incoming President and Treasurer. The PO Box shall be checked at least once every other week. A statement for the $500 HK rental fee shall be paid as soon as received.
3. The HK League is registered with the HK Police Department in Wan Chai, 12 floor Arsenal House. In order to update the Certificate of Registration of a Society the HK Police Department requires a copy of the AGM minutes and a completed application for updating the list of office-bearers. The outgoing officers and the incoming officers shall complete a Personal Data form and the incoming officers shall provide a copy of their HKID.
4. The HK League Per Member Payment (PMP) U.S. check shall be sent to the National League before January 31. The PMP shall be sent to: Director of Finance, League of Women Voters, 1730 M Street NW, Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20036-4508.
6. The blog site still exists and is linked to the new website in 'archives tab' The website is currently free and shall be maintained with current programs, monthly meeting minutes, photo link and up to date information: http://lwvhongkong.weebly.com.
7. Honorary Member-Spouse of the Consul General of the U.S., excused from payment of dues.
8. Life Member-Rehana Sheihks, honored prior to the standard 50 years set forth in Article III, excused from payment of dues.
1. Election Central items are stored by Asian Tigers free of charge. For delivery call or email at least four days in advance, include the delivery date and delivery address.
Storage reference: H5-8643
Storage under: League of Women Voters
Total items: 10
Contact Customer Service Coordinator – Phone: (852) 2528-1384